Healthy Rooibos tea is here!
Discover the health benefits of delicious Rooibos tea imported from South Africa. Now available at The Gallery Upstairs.
5 Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea
1. Contains extremely high levels of antioxidants, powerful substances that fight free radicals in the bloodstream and keep bodies immunity healthy and strong.
2. Reduction of insomnia, tension headaches, hypertension, and irritability are well known benefits associated with Rooibos tea.
3. Lowers the production of cortisol by the human body’s adrenal glands. Cortisol is the so-called ‘stress hormone’. Lowering cortisol levels also lowers the effect of the body’s stress response.
4. In addition to lowering blood pressure, Rooibos tea has shown to reduce the activity of angiotensin converting enzyme, assisting the body to have healthy cardiovascular responses.
5. Rooibos tea has been widely used for abdominal spasm and diarrhoea for many years. It possesses a combination of dominant K(ATP) channel activation and weak Ca(++) antagonist mechanisms and hence justifies its use in hyperactive gastrointestinal disorders.
Read the full report on the Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea from the Cancer Association of South Africa.